Halloween is NOT just for kids. Celebrate the season with your friends by serving a festive, spooky Halloween Cocktail. This super easy and delicious “Hallowine” Sangria is the perfect addition to any grown-up costume party!
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 750-milliliter bottles of our Sertorio Vinho Tinto (or other red wine of choice)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 24 ounces club soda chilled
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (plus additional for garnish)
- Bring sugar and 1 1/4 cups water to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine sugar mixture, red wine, orange juice, and liqueur in a large container; cover and chill 4 hours. Stir in club soda, oranges, and blackberries just before serving. Serve over ice.
- Allow plenty of time for the beverage to chill before your party (it's a great prep-ahead solution)!
- Wait to stir in the club soda, fruit, and ice just before serving. You don't want the ice to water down the sangria in advance.
- While I love how "spooky" the red wine looks, you can also make this sangria with white wine (we would recommend our Elun Chardonnay)
- Add some dry ice right before serving for an extra spooky affect